The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer has begun a global search for an editor-in-chief for its open access journal, JTO Clinical and Research Reports. Editor-in-Chief Alex A. Adjei, MD, PhD, will step down from the position in October 2022. He will continue to serve as editor-in-chief of the Journal of Thoracic Oncology.
The association is seeking to appoint Dr. Adjei’s successor to a 5-year term, which is expected to begin in November 2022.
JTO CRR aims to complement JTO by offering authors an open access publication option and publishing the following article types in particular:
- Phase I trials
- Well-performed single-arm phase II trials
- Subset analyses of published trials
- Impactful retrospective studies
- Database analysis
- Large institutional series
- High-quality case reports
- Region-specific clinical trials
- Subspecialty thoracic oncology studies
- Selected high-quality meeting reports
Candidates should have a strong record of recognized scholarship, a broad base of knowledge in the field, demonstrated leadership and communication skills, and appropriate time to devote to the journal. Understanding of publishing ethics is essential. Previous editorial experience, the ability to clearly articulate a compelling vision for the journal, and an excellent international network of researchers are other key factors on which candidates will be evaluated.
Meet the Editor
Join Editor-in-Chief Alex A. Adjei, MD, PhD, for a Meet-the-Editor session during WCLC 2022. This session, which is open to all WCLC attendees, will take place Sunday, August 7, at 14:00 CEST in Committee Room 1. And plan to visit the IASLC booth in the exhibit hall to learn more about the journals, including how to become a reviewer.
Interested applicants, please submit the following to Managing Editor Mary Todd with the subject line “Application for Editor-in-Chief, JTO CRR.”
1) Application questions:
- Vision for JTO Clinical and Research Reports [300-word limit]
- Reasons for your interest in this position [300-word limit]
- Brief description of research and/or interests and current fields of activity [100-word limit]
- Prior editorial experience, including work in the following roles: Editor, Associate Editor, and/or Editorial Board Member of a journal [100-word limit]
- Brief description of leadership positions held [100-word limit]
- Estimate of the amount of time per week that can be devoted to the position
- Other personal qualifications and/or comments that may be relevant for the selection committee [300-word limit]
2) Curriculum vitae
Application review began July 15, 2022. Kindly submit applications by to August 31, 2022. For more information about the role and JTO CRR click here.